Saturday, April 7, 2012

Save the Date.

This is a recent poster I made for the City of Ontario Library located in Ontario, California. I designed it to promote a "How to Draw" workshop that will be in May. This is the first of two posters. I have to still make my second poster, but I have a working idea for it now. When I took the first poster in to the library, it automatically received a positive response.

I am hoping to establish myself as a local artist and illustrator within the community to promote visual literacy. This poster is a start, albeit Pro Bono, it will get me noticed. For this poster, being in the difficult situation I am in, I used what ever materials I had at my disposal. This is not a complaint. I would rather use what I have than to spend a lot of money only to mess something up.

When I completed this picture and added the type, I felt pleased with the design overall. I consider this fan art, so hopefully I am not stepping on anyone's toes. I have been a fan of Star Wars since I was a boy, so this counts as "fan art" to me. This poster is digitally enhanced, but the original is 22"x28" and will be laminated to keep for future use at the library. I have another event that I am doing towards the beginning of May, but I will post it in a separate entry. 

One thing I hope to do is start a completely new blog with my "How To Draw" stuff and begin a series of drawing tutorials. I will post links to it from this blog and from Facebook.

Promotional poster/fan art by Kirk McConnell, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Constructive feedback is always welcomed.