Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Some recent Manga art.

Me as a Manga Drawing by Kirk McConnell
2012
Okay. If you have never heard of the work "Manga," it is a Japanese word meaning "Whimsical Drawing". If I recall, "Man" means "whimsical", and "ga" means "drawing". I think? Anyhow, I have been trying to prepare to teach an art workshop for May 4th for my local library which is hosting an Asian and Pacific Islander Cultural Awareness Night. I am a bit nervous, but am confident that things will go well. The good thing about drawing Manga, is there is no set style which pictures may be drawn. I guess that is why they are whimsical, eh?
El Gato Loco by Kirk McConnell, 2012
Insanely Mad Mushrooms by Kirk McConnell
2012
Based on Christopher Hart

Muscles by Kirk McConnell
2011
After Christopher Hart
Super Kid by Kirk McConnell
2011
After Christopher Hart

Guy by Kirk McConnell, 2009
Girl by Kirk McConnell, 2012
A Heroine by Kirk McConnell, 2011
Manga Luke Skywalker by Kirk McConnell, 2011
I have drawn different things as far as Manga is concerned. I don't consider myself to be an expert on the subject, but I what I do know is that I enjoy drawing and have been influenced by Manga and Anime as far back as I can remember. When one draws, it should be for a reason that is personal to the one drawing.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Constructive feedback is always welcomed.