Friday, February 17, 2012

A Gallery of Basic Origami and Paper Craft


"Heart Byte" Paper Cut Card by Kirk McConnell 2012

Valentine's Box (open with red ribbon) by Kirk McConnell 2012


Valentine's Box (closed) by Kirk McConnell 2012


I have been trying to make things to keep busy while I look for work, and to take my mind off of things that have a tendency to add stress in my daily life. I have had great joy making these origami boxes, and have been documenting them so I know who I have given someone something. The Valentine's Card and box shown are a gift to someone special in my life. I had added the red ribbon for flair, and added a bag of Hershey Special Dark Kisses, a note with a cut out heart, and a matching hart to fit the hole, and a couple of other special items. This made our Valentines sweeter as we celebrated at the Cheesecake Factory for our date.
 

Paper Cut Card #1 by Kirk McConnell 2012

Paper Cut Card #2 by Kirk McConnell 2012

 
 (Above) These two cards were bit of an experiment. I had been checking books out on paper crafts from my local library. I am very interested in paper architecture. Though these two cards are very rudimentary, I will likely be posting more examples on here in the future. I hope you like them.

(Right) This little box is only 2"x2"x2" and made from newsprint. It is my personal little thought box or "comfort box. I have little cards I draw from and read. Some have words saying something I should do that day, like pray, or help someone, or read a verse from the Bible. It has helped me much since my mother died from cancer.
Sudoku Comfort Box by Kirk McConnell 2012


Colorful Stacked Boxes by Kirk McConnell 2012

Colorful Boxes by Kirk McConnell 2012


 (Above) These colorful boxes I made are special. They are gifts to 3 special people I have known for most of my life, and have lost a family member. Each one has a similar message, plus some cards with Bible verses to think on, as well as write their own thoughts or scripture as the Lord gives it to them to heal. There is also a pop-up card I made, and have photographed, but will have to post it later. The tiny box is for a friend of mine who is a librarian. She is always very kind to me, and I just appreciate her friendship.
(Right) This lined paper is no ordinary paper. It's super paper. Just kidding. I am a Superman fan. I just wanted to show that I could make simple envelopes using origami techniques. I succeeded and have made many more for friends and little encouragement gifts.
Simple Origami Envelope by Kirk McConnell 2012



Contact me at: mcconnell.kirk@gmail.com



 I would love to hear from you.