Saturday, February 18, 2012

Star Wars Day at Victoria Gardens in 2011

A top view of the artist at work.


As you can see from the pictures, I am hard at work drawing a chalk drawing of C-3PO for star Wars Day at the Victoria Gardens
.
Even though I started early, this project took me most of the afternoon to draw. I was distracted by the number of stormtroopers and bounty hunters who graced the 
pavilion, and I enjoyed seeing everyone having a good time at this event.
I am my own worst critic, but that is okay. It makes me better as an artist to know where I can improve. It was so hot outside. I was drinking a lot of water, and my pants would not stay up, even though my belt was on its tightest notch. I had been losing weight. What can I say?

The year before, I sat inside and drew pictures for kids and colored from classic star wars coloring pages. The kids loved it. I am hoping to continue working with the library as I enjoy community service. I have loved Star Wars since I was a young boy in the 1970s, and a dream fulfilled would be the opportunity to go work for Lucasfilm or Lucasarts as a storyboard or concept artist. Friends who knew me then would always get mad at me because, I had "Star Wars on the brain". I still do, very much so, yet more refined.



Can I get some water?


Poses for the camera.


Taking a moment to pose.


Nearing the end of the drawing.
It was nice to have people watch.

Another view from the top.





Getting ready to have some help.



  (Above) Before Star Wars Day at the Victoria Gardens Library, My friend Allen had asked me to come up with an idea for a chalk drawing, and I had thought really hard about what I wanted to do. C-3PO seemed to be the best choice. Although, not a perfect drawing, the idea was great. This one, I did as a sketch to prepare me for Star Wars Day.  When I was in my teens I used chalk pastels, so this was not too different. I felt rusty, but I enjoyed making this, and as you can see above, I worked really hard to please the kids, too.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Constructive feedback is always welcomed.