Saturday, February 11, 2012

It's been a priviledge

God's Hand Touching the Needy
by Kirk McConnell
(c)2005, 18"x24" Acrylic on Canvas
Recently,  a long time friend of mine asked me to participate in a silent art auction to benefit Pacific Life Line, an organization that helps women in need of shelter. It was a worthy cause, and I decided to donate some pieces of artwork. all of which sold. I did not want to know how much they sold for, but I was glad that they would go to helping someone someday, and the artwork would be in good hands. Currently, I know whom at least two of my pieces went to, and am pleased. I donated an 18" x 24" painting, a 16"x20" color pencil drawing on black matte board, a 9"x12" color pencil drawing on black paper, and an 8.5" x 11" color pencil drawing on black paper. I am going to try and post them on here once I have pictures sent to me. Otherwise, I will have to wait until another entry. (Click on an image to see larger)

Skele-flowers
9"x 12" Color Pencil
on Black Paper

Additionally, to keep myself busy, I have been learning new skills folding and sculpting paper. I have been able to construct origami boxes (base and lid), origami penguins, a star box, and a simple fold envelope. I am very happy to make these, and will post pictures on here soon of my work. Also, I am learning to cut paper and make simple pop up cards. My recent experiment has been to make a Valentine's day card for a very close friend of mine. I hope she will like it. As far as drawing goes, I have been a little lackadaisical and have not made any recent cartoons, illustrations or otherwise. I do have some projects for myself lined up and will likely try to complete them soon and post them on here.

On another note, I am going to try and re-design my blog and use an HTML format to design my blog in a webpage format with links and a few interactive options so as to see my artwork in the relative form of a portfolio/gallery,  and reconstruct my text in a different and readable way. I hope you will like it when it is done?

Anyhow...I am just posting this entry as an update and will try to be on here more often. There is much going on, and I am still looking for a job. As I mentioned, I will post the pictures on this entry. Two pictures are already shown.

Kirk